TLS 1.0 End of Support
IMPORTANT NOTICE: GlobalCerts will be removing support for TLS 1.0 from all our products and services. This change will take effect on June 30th, 2018, which is the Payment Card Industry’s (PCI) Security Standards Council deadline for removing support for the TLS 1.0 protocol.
SSLv2 and SSLv3 had already been disabled on all our products for some time, but we have kept support for TLS 1.0 to provide compatibility with the widest range of end users’ browsers. After June 30th, all web connections will now require TLS 1.1 or higher to function. This should not present any issues for secure mail web access since all modern devices now support at least TLS 1.1, and most support the more secure TLS 1.2 protocol. It is possible that some legacy devices and browsers may prevent end users from accessing their secure email via the web:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer version 10 or lower
- Android Browser OS version 4.4 or lower
- Safari version 6 or lower
- Safari Mobile on iOS version 4 or lower
- Opera version 12.17 or lower
- Legacy versions of Chrome and Firefox where automatic updates are disabled
If you have any questions about this notice, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at +1 (855) 614-2378.